Mechanical Maintenance Shift Supervisor
Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Client Roles - Engineering / RockitLaunch
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
The Mechanical Maintenance Shift Supervisor minimizes the impact of failures on production processes by supervising the maintenance corrective activities. Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors by supervising the execution of preventive tasks during the normal course of production.
- Minimizes the impact of failures on production processes by ensuring the correct diagnosis of the problem/failure and the execution of the necessary interventions on equipment to maintain its availability and reliability.
- Performs simple inspections on operative equipment.
- Verifies technical resource availability, ensuring a suitable minimum stock.
- Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors in the execution of preventive tasks during the normal course of production and/or scheduled interventions.
- Supports Base Maintenance Supervisors in the execution of failure analyses.
- Ensures the application of health, safety and environment standards and practices.
- Complies with HSE procedures, report any incident or observation, perform inspections and participate in the investigation process.
- Implements the preventive/corrective actions. Keep updated the risk analysis and the environmental aspect assessment.
- Manages and updates the maintenance information system and technical documentation, keeping record of the information related to his/her area.
- Participates in maintenance programs to minimize/optimize the use of required energy.
- Analyzes, interprets and recommends courses of action for more complex topics.
- Interacts with internal and/or external contacts with a higher level of autonomy.
- Acts as a "shift leader" being responsible for leading employees during their assigned time period/shift, coordinating schedules, assigning responsibilities and ensure work safety conditions.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Proactively motivates, coaches, communicates with and develops his/her staff and manages HR related activities in line with Human Resources norms and procedures. Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
- 3-5 relevant industry experience
- Mechatronic or mechanical specialization
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered a strong asset
Schedule & Working Conditions
- 12-hour rotating Shift
- Work is performed in a steel manufacturing mill
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits package from day one
· Company-based bonuses
· Employer paid pension plan (RRSP and Defined Contribution plan)
· Vacation allocation based on industry experience
· Personal days off
· Paid Parental leaves for new parents
· Hybrid work schedule with an option to work from home up to two days a week
· Flexible work arrangements including working up to two weeks from anywhere in the world (role-dependent)
***These benefits are offered to all salaried full-time roles