Completes all aspects of an assigned project including designing, developing, and improving new or existing products and directing the building and testing of prototypes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS(Primaryaccountabilityfor specific functions and results)
1. Serves as a positive role model consistent with Polo’scorporatecultureatalltimes.
2. Operateswithinspecificdeadlines, schedules, and requirements.
3. Uses computer design software for pattern making.
4. Originatesand/or develops product design concepts from client requirements and soraspossibleproprietaryitems.
5. Analyzes various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate constructions.
customer’s requirements, samples, prints, etc., to estimate a product's manufacturing cost. This will include developing equitable standards and working with the excel quote form to achieve raw materials and labor costs.
7. Uses industrial processes and standards as well as new technology to build quality prototypes.
8. Works with the Quality Manager to establish test requirements, if not previously specified by customers, and develops and directs the testing of new product prototypes to verify product reliability.
9. Maintainsinternalcontactwithproductionpersonnelregardingideas, drawings, and products as well as external contact with customers in the development of designs to resolve problems.
10. Works with plant quality control and customer’s quality department to test out theories or findings.
11. Writesdetailedinstruction to indicate how a product is to be manufactured.
12. Attends seminars, tradeshows, and other manufacturing facilities, as required.
To perform at a proficient level and to be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
Education: 3+ years of manufacturing experience or a 4-year degree in textile design, engineering, manufacturing, or a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (minimum required):
1. Textile/soft goods design and creative problem-solving skills.
2. Practical experience using computer design software for pattern making.
4. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
5. Strong team player who interacts well with others.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Willingness to work extended hours as needed and possess the ability to see a project through to completion.
1. Performsvisual work on the computer for long periods of time.
2. Ability to read, write, and communicate100% of the time via phone, email, or in-person to internal and external customers.
3. Movesfrequentlyaboutthefacility, walking, bending, climbing, and reaching.
4. Able to remain in a stationary position standing or sitting 50% of the time.
5. Occasionally lifts/and or carries objects about the facility up to 35 lbs. or with the proper equipment.
1. Usually typical office environment, when in a plant environment, could be exposed to noise, fumes, and variation in temperature.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.