Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Management to support and improve manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, performing and documenting fixtures and equipment maintenance, and updating process documentation. Assists engineers with projects through building or procuring test equipment and performing testing, including process validations.
Here is what you will do...
1. Serves as a positive role model consistent with Polo’s corporate culture at all times.
2. Develop and learn functions required to operate a computerized cutter and spreader.
3. Learn to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and operate sewing equipment, programs and software as required.
4. Work on assigned projects to make production flow more efficient.
5. Thorough working knowledge in the installation, repair, and troubleshooting of all kinds of electro-mechanical production and industrial equipment.
6. Ability to use general hand tools, precision measuring, and testing devices such as multimeters, rules, calipers, micrometers, etc.
7. Capable of following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturing instructions, and engineering specifications. Help maintain SDS files.
8. Ability to work alone and maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
9. Prepares accurate cost analyses of new equipment and coordinates implementation.
We offer many competitive benefits...
1. Retire Well - 401K with Company Match
2. Paid Time Off
3. Enjoy Your Holidays - Eight Paid Holidays
4. Take Care of Yourself and Family - Healthcare (medical, dental, Flex spending)
5. See Well – The vision program, including Safety Glasses
6. Be Well – “WellBeing” program provides free annual Biometric Screening, Flu Shots, Prizes, and Awards
7. Improve Yourself - Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000/year
8. Have Fun! Our great culture is friendly and community oriented!
Here is what you will need to qualify...
Education: Associate degree in Manufacturing Technology, Certificate or Diploma in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Other machinist and/or mechanical types skills preferred.
Here are the competencies we are looking for...
1. Communicates with associates and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
4. Efficient in using an intranet, internet, and companies Syteline system.
5. Follows oral and written instructions.
6. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
7. Experienced in technical computer language and applications.
8. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, material selection, and product testing
9. in addition to sketching, layout, and drafting work.
10. Provides functional guidance for administrative support and needs.
11. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, stay organized and perform accurately.
Here are the physical requirements...
1. Occasionally lifts/and or carries objects about the facility up to 35 lbs. or uses the proper equipment.
2. Close visual work on the computer for long periods of time.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate 100% of the time via phone, e-mail, or in-person to internal and external customers.
4. Moves frequently about the facility, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
5. Able to remain in a stationary position standing or sitting 50% of the time.