This position is ideal for those residing in California with daytime jobs looking for flexible schedules.
We seek educators and professionals passionate about mentoring others and positively changing lives. Our client’s institution provides practical training in highly competitive technology fields, ensuring students are job-ready. With an extensive selection of courses and online classes, we aim to empower working students. Our focus is to help students achieve success, whether they are starting out, changing their careers, or transitioning to civilian life.
Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, with weekend and evening hours as required. Live classes of 25 to 30 students are scheduled twice weekly, from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm PST. Courses are 5 weeks long and are already created and ready to teach. The total expected workload is of 16-18 hours/week (10 hours of live teaching/week + additional 6-8 hours/week for office hours and grading/evaluating student work).
- Teach asynchronous and/or live courses remotely
- Plan and organize instruction to maximize student learning and engagement
- Modify instructional methods to meet diverse students needs
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline
- Stay current with their subject matter through professional development
- Ensure the student database is updated and accurate at all times regarding student attendance and grade record information
- Maintain compliance with accreditation related to instruction and the quality of education, scheduled class hours requirements, and institution policies and procedures
- Submit required documentationPromote collaboration with other staff members and participate in the implementation of new projects
- Adhere to the institution's business casual attire policy
- Information Technology Instructors must provide official transcripts of bachelor's (or higher) degree and active/current certification on the subject being taught
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience in the respective fields of IT fundamentals, support, computer networking, or Azure cloud technologies.
- The certifications we are looking for include:
- CompTIA ITF+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
- Advanced subject matter expertise is preferred, as well as curriculum development experience
- Effective presentation skills and communication and technology skills are necessary
- Candidates must have a high level of flexibility, creativity, and dependability
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as learning technologies such as Canvas, is required
- Candidates should be able to work independently with minimal supervision, multitask effectively, and problem-solve rapidly and effectively in a timely manner
- Synchronous online teaching is preferred
- The candidate must work with a sense of urgency while engaging and listening to coworkers from other departments
- Passion for education and student success
- Integrity and excellence in employees and students
- Dignity and respect for oneself and studentsInnovation at the institution to better help students succeed
- Customer-centric focus where success equals student’s success
- Accountability for actions and focus on preventing future errors
- Growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve
- Conduct and professionalism to be an example to students and colleagues
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
In accordance with California law, RocketPower’s base salary range for this position is $35-$42 per hour. This range will vary based on geographical location and other factors including skills and experience. Salary is just one component of RocketPower’s total compensation package for employees.