ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
At Polo, we make lives better by manufacturing products for the medical, fire & safety, industrial, and government defense markets. Polo Custom Products has been in business since 1947, designing and manufacturing products right here in the U.S.A.! Our culture of continuous improvement and financial solvency ensures that you can have a career for years to come.
Develops, installs, and maintains cost-effective methods of manufacturing and establishes fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards. Supervises the functions of engineering and development and ensures the most economical and feasible method is utilized.
Here is what you will do...
• Serves as a positive role model consistent with Polo Custom Products' corporate culture.
• Participates in the initiation phase of new product lines to assist in the design of cost-effective
manufacturing, building tooling by motion economy principles.
• Develops and designs workplace layout through the use of motion economy principles handling,
• Develops, installs, and maintains equitable standards. For most standards, conventional stopwatch techniques may be used.
• Measures variances to standards, identifies out-of-control variances, investigates reasons,
suggests solutions, installs and follows up.
• Keeps abreast of the trend of technology; investigates and installs most effective methods of
manufacturing to keep the company at a competitive edge at all times.
• Keeps tally of the method changes reducing the cost of production and strives for budgeted goals.
• Develops management information systems for planning and control purposes.
• Conducts a continuous search for new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance and
improve the product line.
• Prepares accurate cost analyses of new equipment and coordinates implementation.
• Represents the company’s position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors,
vendors and engineering consultants.
• Participates in daily production meetings and attends other project meetings assigned.
• Travels to other Polo Custom Products facilities as required.
We offer many competitive benefits...
• Competitive pay
• Retire Well - 401K with Company Match
• Paid Time Off
• Enjoy Your Holidays - Eight Paid Holidays
• Take Care of Yourself and your Family - Healthcare (medical, dental, Flex spending)
• See Well – The vision program, including Safety Glasses
• Be Well – “WellBeing” program provides free annual Biometric Screening, Flu Shots, Prizes, and
• Improve Yourself - Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000/year
• Have Fun! Our great culture is friendly and community oriented!
• B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field.
• One- or two years experience in Industrial Engineering.
Here are the skills we are looking for...
• Communicates with associates and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Efficient in using the AS400, intranet and internet.
• Follows oral and written instructions.
• Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
• Experienced in technical computer language and applications.
• Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, material selection, and product
testing in addition to sketching, layout, and drafting work.
• Provides functional guidance for administrative support and needs.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, stay organized and perform accurately.
Here are the physical requirements...
• Occasionally lifts/and or carries objects about the facility up to 35 lbs. or uses the proper equipment.
• Close visual work on the computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to read, write and communicate 100% of the time via phone, e-mail, or in-person to
internal and external customers.
• Moves frequently about the facility, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
• Able to remain in a stationary position standing or sitting 50% of the time.
• Here is the work environment you will be working in...
• Exposed to shop elements such as noise, odors, and fumes.