Conduit Electrician - 100% Travel
Orlando, FL. Recruiting Partners - --
About the role
A partner of RocketPower is looking for a Conduit Electrician to join their team!
Would you like to get paid to travel around the country? RocketPower has a number of 1-2 week fiber optic cabling installation projects at various correctional facilities in Florida and Georgia, which are part of a 2 year national contract. Work on these projects is ready to begin immediately in Northern Florida and will continue through July/August. Once the projects in Florida and Georgia are complete, you will follow the project to other states until the project is complete. The travel policy will cover lodging and food.
Projected start date is early June after successful completion of background check.
The work schedule will be 8am-6pm Monday through Friday and will require some travel as you move from one project to the next. Travel costs are eligible for reimbursement, such as mileage, meals and lodging (offered for commutes greater than one hour). We are currently hiring for both regional and traveling work teams as the project will move into Georgia and could expand to other states later in the year.
- Must be a licensed electrician in the state of Florida
- Ability to read, understand and follow line drawings
- Ability to measure, cut and bend EMT conduit up to 2”
- Ability to properly run and securely mount conduit on block, concrete, dry wall surfaces
- Ability to negotiate obstacles – core drilling through walls, ceilings and floors – working around other existing pipes and fixtures
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work on a ladder for extended period of time
- Must be able to pass a detailed criminal background check
- Must be comfortable working in a correctional facility
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to commute to project locations OR be able to stay in local lodging during the workweek
- Manual or cordless pipe cutting tool
- Pipe bender – manual or machine
- Measure tape or laser measure
- Hammer drill
- Bits and blades to support core drilling, mounting, cutting
- Basic hand tools
- Cordless drill/ impact driver
- Flashlight or headlamp
Who We Are
As a global company, RocketPower provides talent solutions to some of the world’s fastest growing and most admired companies. Clients from Seed stage to the Enterprise trust RocketPower across multiple business lines. People Power Business is the ethos of RocketPower. We’re also proud to have been chosen a Forbes Top 100 Startup To Work For three years in a row!
We're assembling a world class team across all recruiting functions. We're seeking team members who will exemplify RocketPower's SOFE values:
- Seek First To Understand
- Ownership Mentality
- First Things First
- Everyone Wins
Both RocketPower and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.