(ADDI) - Engineering Manager
Remote - LATAM. RockitLaunch - Addi
About the role
We are a technology company working to transform credit and banking in Latin America starting with the point of sale finance. We aim to build fair, simple, and affordable financial services that empower our clients, treat them with dignity, and build financial freedom. We launched in February 2019 and have already served thousands of clients and disbursed millions of dollars.
We operate as a full-stack startup. We have built our core systems and processes from scratch, and we believe our technology and analytics platform will drive our progress in the years to come. We come at this with deep experience building and growing technology teams and financial products. As important as what we do is how we do it. We are a conscious company, and are deeply committed to working and living our five core values - A company of owners inspiring colleagues, we pull rabbits out of hats, we care and we trust, act with integrity, win today every day, and scale exponentially.
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Monashees, Village Global, and an outstanding team of individual angels, including Kevin Ryan, Josh Abramowitz, and Scott Weiss.Addi keeps growing and growing, and they are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with designers, engineers and product managers to build great products and experiences for our clients and allies.
- Serve as a mentor and leader of the engineering organization enabling your team for success.
- Be accountable for the delivery on time and with the quality of your engineering team.
- Own the engineering hiring pipeline and work alongside the recruiting team to attract great talent into our team.
- Lead the structuring of career ladders for engineers that are part of your team.
- Conduct 1:1s with engineers on a regular basis, promoting honest and regular feedback.
- Track Engineering KPIs of your team on a weekly basis.
- Moderate team retrospectives and be the owner of the software development process within your team.
- Guarantee that the commitments of your team are fulfilled consistently.
- Onboard new members into the engineering organization.
- Make contributions to our Architecture Decision Records repository. Your contributions will help us to improve our platform and how we work at ADDI.
- Review, give feedback and improve the technical designs of other members of the team.
- Develop and deploy new features to production on a sporadic basis using our CI/CD pipeline.
WHAT ARE OUR REQUIREMENTS
- +2 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with back-end development, using Java.
- Growing knowledge of our software architecture, including the principal styles and patterns. that we are using and staying technically relevant within the organization.
- Ability to provide long-term technical estimations to product managers.
- Great skills measuring the health of your engineering team.
- Good coaching skills to identify the strengths and ambitions of members of your team.
- Mastery identifying great engineers in interviews.
- Deep knowledge of the internals of the platform to triage incidents in a timely manner.
WHY JOIN US
- Work on a problem that matters and help change customers’ lives.
- Build a lasting company from the very beginning, helping define every aspect of it.
- Be at the center of it all. We are a true technology company, and engineering is at the core of what we do.
- Massive market opportunity ahead of us; we are growing faster than pretty much any other fintech lender was at our stage.
- Work alongside a great and diverse team that cares about what we are doing and how we are doing it.
- Generous compensation.
- 100% remote work.