Heat Treatment Supervisor
Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Client Roles - Engineering / RockitLaunch
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
We are currently seeking a Heat Treatment Supervisor for our Hot Rolling Mill in our Operations group. The Rolling Mill Supervisor is responsible for leading employees during their assigned time period/shift while also supporting the Team Leads. Supervises operation in the different machines of the production processes. Coordinates schedules, assigns responsibilities and looks for opportunities of process improvements / procedure updates.
- Controls and follows the production process, ensuring the accomplishment of production programs/schedule according to products' specifications, customer needs and client'squality standards.
- Controls procedure compliance alerting deviations from the policy, procedures and specifications. Participates in the design and implementation of procedures and work instructions.
- Monitors Process indicators like productivity, utilization, charge to thousand, interruptions, rejections. Optimizes plant's performance and promotes the compliance of inspection plans and basic preventive maintenance.
- To comply with HSE procedures, report any incident or observation, perform inspections and participate in the investigation process. Implement the preventive/corrective actions. Keep updated the risk analysis and the environmental aspect assessment.
- Complies with the energy and other supplies consumption target/goals, carrying out the required actions that aim to reduce the use of them.
- Complies with client's policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Proactively motivates, coaches, communicates with and develops his/her staff and manages HR related activities in line with Human Resources norms and procedures. Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
- Relevant technical diploma or degree (mechanical) and previous experience 3-5 years in an industrial, manufacturing environment required or +10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Heat Treatment Mill experience and/or knowledge of the process will be considered a strong asset
- Ability to perform failure analysis and provide solution-based ideas
Schedule & Working Conditions
- Ability to work flexible hours as per the requirement of the mill. Days, nights and weekends.