India. Client Roles - IT Staffing
Our client is a games startup series A!
Location: Remote (Work from anywhere!)
This role will foremost own the creation of high fidelity 3rd person character animations that align with the vision of the game. This role will be hands-on in directing and creating animations, working with artists and designers to define the right feelings and working with engineers to implement those feelings in the game.
- Own the rigging, animations and pipeline.
- Use Hand-Keyed techniques to create and edit 3rd personal animations that invoke emotions.
- Develop and maintain multiple character rigs for a 3rd person Shooter game.
- Work with the tech art and engineering team to establish the animation pipeline and implement animations in engine.
- Review the character creation pipeline, to improve and dictate what is needed to get best performance for different platforms.
- Drive external art partners to ensure that quality and technical requirements are being met.
Qualifications / Experience
- Required: A portfolio demonstrating your previous animation work in the games industry or personally.
- Experience with organic and mechanical rigging, especially for mobile platforms.
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Experience with advanced animation systems, especially in Unity, such as animation blend trees and state machines.
- Experience in mobile gameplay animation, bonus if third-person shooter titles.
- Expert ability in Hand-Keyed Animation with strong Maya animation experience.
- Ability to rig 3D characters and provide feedback to rigs provided by external partners.
- Knowledge of how to create gameplay animations that ‘feel’ good.
- Ability to take tasks to completion with feedback and high-fidelity results.
- Be able to balance creative goals with production requirements.
- Ability to work with multiple people and disciplines to complete tasks.