We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for the Maintenance Department in the Operations group. The Maintenance Supervisor develops and supervises the execution of the Preventive Maintenance plan. Ensures systematic failure, problem and performance analysis on equipment, defining corrective actions and generating improvement opportunities. Supports the Engineering area in the research and assessment of the best equipment available and the startup of new pieces of equipment.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
· Optimizes reliability and maintainability of equipment by defining the maintenance strategy for each system, developing and supervising the execution of the Preventive maintenance plan, ensuring systematic failure, problem and performance analysis on equipment, defining corrective actions and generating improvement opportunities, providing technical support to emergency crews and staff areas.
· Performs and oversees inspections in his/her area of responsibility.
· Guarantees technical resource availability, ensuring a suitable minimum stock.
· Supports the Engineering area in the research and assessment of the best equipment available and the startup of new pieces of equipment. In addition, support other areas in the definitions related to his/her area of responsibility
· Draws up the maintenance cost budget and keep costs within agreed limits.
· Ensures the application of health, safety and environment standards and practices. To comply with HSE procedures, report any incident or observation, perform inspections and participate in the investigation process. Implement the preventive/corrective actions. Keep updated the risk analysis and the environmental aspect assessment.
· Participates in the development of maintenance information systems and supports actions as required. Analyzes and uses the information provided in order to support the decision-making process.
· Participates in maintenance programs to minimize/optimize the use of required energy.
· Analyzes, interprets and recommends courses of action for more complex topics.
· Interacts with internal and/or external contacts with a higher level of autonomy.
· Complies with the company's policies, procedures and management standards, and ensure adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
· Proactively motivates, coaches, communicates with and develops his/her staff and manage HR related activities in line with Human Resources norms and procedures. Protect from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.